The National Institute for Research and Development for Biological Sciences in Bucharest (INCDSB) implement the projects:
- Modeling, Designing and Analysis of Synthetic Self-assembled Systems – “MoDASyS”;
“MoDASyS” is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund through Competitiveness Operational Program 2014-2020. The total value of the project is 1,849,546.2Euro, 1,561,756.8Euro representing the co-financing of the European Regional Development Fund and 287,789.4Euro representing the co-financing of the Government of Romania, based on the contract no. 24 from 01.09.2016 signed with the National Authority for Scientific Research and Innovation as an Intermediate Body on behalf of the Ministry of European Funds as Managing Authority for the Competitiveness Operational Program. The project is being implemented in Bucharest over a 48 month period. The overall scientific objective of the project is to introduce and develop DNA-based nanotechnology research in Romania and to increase the Romanian researchers’ capacities and competences in this area. This objective will be achieved by carrying out research activities in the field of nanotechnology, through the participation of a researcher from abroad, with concrete results in the field, and which will lead at the scientific level the team of researchers of the INCDSB institute. The investment is designed to help transform the INCDSB into a European Center for Computational Nanotechnology for DNA, proposing also the support of 6 new researchers at the INCDSB, the publication of 20 scientific papers, and the submission of 3 project proposals for Horizon 2020 competition.
The specific scientific activities developed in the project will be focused on two priority axes, namely:
1. Automating the design process of DNA structures in order to achieve nano-processing capabilities similar to the 3D printing process.
2. Develop a systematic discipline through which the structural and dynamic tools of DNA Nanotechnology are brought together to create coordinated nanosystems (using DNA material) to perform well-defined, well-defined actions.
Project co-financed from the European Regional Development Fund through the Competitiveness Operational Program 2014-2020.
- Innovative methods for natural resources high valorisation and improving the nutritional efficiency of phyto products – knowledge support to increase the competitiveness of small enterprises – “FITOCOMP”
Buget 9015935 RON (1930607 Eur)
EU share (%) 83.72 %
Implemenmtation period (years): 2016-2021 (5 years)
Implementer (type): Public institution
Type of investment: Public and private
Operational objective Operational Program Competitiveness, axis: Research, Technological Development and Innovation (RDI) to support the economic competitiveness and business development
Expected direct results:
- a.Knowledge transfer results
- a1.Innovative solutions for phyto-products/phyto-drugs technologies; technological process innovation ensuring higher exploitation of natural resources (plants, fruits, biomass);
- a2. Knowledge transfer portofolio including:
- 18 methods of characterisarion, efficiency assessement and quality control of vegetal material and formulated phyto-drugs;
- 3 new extraction technologies applicable to raw materials and by-products;
- 6 new customized instruments for fast analisys & quality control of agro-food/phyto-pharmaceutical products;
- a3.Knowledge transfer online platform FITO-PLAT connecting experts, industrial end-users, technology brokers, regulatory organisations;
- b.Human resources results
- b1. 2 new available positions for specialists in knowledge transfer; technology brokers, innovation management;
- b2. Increased professional capabilities of the implementation team by widening industrial experience and technology transfer experience as results of two instruments, professional formation and direct assistance in technology implementation at facilities of SME partners;
- c.Increased number of direct contracts with SME providing direct servicies (45 new contracts), new implemented technologies (3 new contracts with SME’s from phyto-pharmaceutical industry, nutritional suplements industry and food/beverages industry) and food/beverages industry)
Expected outputs / deliverables:
- The use of new technologies by the SMEs as recipient of the knowledge transfer will determine the optimization of the natural resources use by the beneficiary SME eliminating their dependence on the optimal harvesting periods and ensuring the continuity of the technological process line, accordingly contributing to the realization of a new value chain.
- Direct assistance to increase the competitivness of at least 3 SME from Romanian agro-food industry, producing and promoting nutritional supplements, beverages and phyto-drugs, as recipients of knowledge transfer
- Reducing the direct production pressure for existing technological lines at recipient SMEs by implementation of new control instrumenst and new valorisation technologies (for by-products)
Categories of interventions:
Public intervention: 80%
Private intervention: 20%
- Enhancing the administrative capacity of the National Institute of Research and Development for Biological Sciences – (ADMIN-INCDSB), POS CCE, Priority axis 2;
- Centre of biotechnologies for cellular therapy and regenerative medicine based on stem cells and modulators of apoptosis – (BIOREGMED), POS CCE, Operation 2.1.2 – Research and Development projects at high scientific level, with the participation of specialists from abroad, 2010-2013;
- Biotechnology in conversion of solar energy into hydrogen using photosynthetic microorganisms – (GREENENERGY), POS CCE, Operation 2.1.2 – Research and Development projects at high scientific level, with the participation of specialists from abroad, 2010-2013;
- MedPlaNet – a network of medicinal plants to increase the comparative advantages of Calarasi-Silistra cross-border area for a sustainable development – (MedPlaNet), Romania – Bulgaria Cross-border Cooperation Program, 2010-2012;
- Biofuels – common source of sustainable development of cross-border cooperation area – (BIOFUELS), Romania – Bulgaria Cross-border Cooperation Program, 2010-2013;
- Evaluation of the preservation status of habitants of community interest in ROSCI0017 Caian, in order to develop a sustainable management, specific to Nature 2000 sites, POS MEDIU, 2009-2011
- Evaluation of the preservation status of biodiversity and geodiversity within the “Tinutul Padurenilor” site (ROSCI0250), in order to develop a sustainable management plan, specific to Nature 2000 sites, POS MEDIU, 2013-2014.